day twenty nine | alcatraz and angel island

We had pre-booked a tour to Alcatraz and Angel Island so we headed down to the Pier to catch our ferry over.  It was foggy and absolutely freezing!  

We stopped at Angel Island first which is now a National Park but used to be a processing island for immigrants - similar to Ellis Island on the East.  The Island is very quaint and I can imagine the camping there is pretty nice. We took a motorised tram tour around the island and stopped for lunch before hopping back on the ferry to head to Alcatraz.






Alcatraz was impressive.  I guess Glen probably found it more interesting than I did but I did enjoy it.  We had an audio tour so we got to hear about who was in which cells, we saw evidence of attempted breakouts and I even got to lock Glen is a cell for one glorious minute or so! :)














Mechelle

No comments:

Post a Comment